As a district, it is our goal for the majority of our apps to be creation-based so that students are engaging in higher level activities/lessons.
If you have found other apps to be useful, please share by providing a comment.
The descriptions for the apps were obtained from iTunes.
- BrainPop (All Versions) - Bring learning to your fingertips™ with the BrainPOP Featured Movie app for the iPad, iPhone, and iPod touch. Watch a different animated movie every day, then test your new knowledge with an interactive quiz
- Puffin - Flash-Based Web-Browser. Now you can access Flash-Based web content using your iPad.
- Educreations - Educreations turns your iPad into a recordable whiteboard. Creating a great video tutorial is as simple as touching, tapping and talking. Explain a math formula... Create an animated lesson... Add commentary to your photos... Diagram a sports play!
- Book Creator - The simple way to create your own beautiful iBooks, right on the iPad. Read them in iBooks, send them to your friends, or submit them to the iBookstore. Ideal for children’s picture books, photo books, art books, cook books, manuals, textbooks, and the list goes on.
- Numbers - Numbers is the most innovative spreadsheet app ever designed for a mobile device. Built from the ground up for iPad, iPhone, and iPod touch, it lets you make compelling spreadsheets in minutes — with tables, charts, photos, and graphics — using just your fingers.
- Pages - Pages is the most beautiful word processor you’ve ever seen on a mobile device. This powerful app has been exclusively designed for the iPad, iPhone, and iPod touch. Create, edit, and view documents wherever you are. Pages works with iCloud, so your documents stay up to date on all your devices — automatically.
- Keynote - Keynote is the most powerful presentation app ever designed for a mobile device. Built from the ground up for iPad, iPhone, and iPod touch, it makes creating a world-class presentation — complete with animated charts and transitions — as simple as touching and tapping.
- Time Me - Children who read 20 minutes a day are exposed to over 1.8 million words a year. That’s a lot of words. Don’t let your child fall behind by not regularly reading. Time Me: Reading is an easy way to keep track of how many minutes your young one is reading.
- Toontastic - Toontastic is a storytelling and creative learning tool that enables kids to draw, animate, and share their own cartoons with friends and family around the world through simple and fun imaginative play!
- All Everyday Math games - Everyday Math apps are designed to give students in kindergarten through sixth grade a quick and easy way to practice and reinforce different math concepts.
- iMovie - Make beautiful HD movies anywhere with iMovie, the fast and fun moviemaking app that puts everything you need to tell your story at your fingertips.
- PhotoComic - Capture the right moments and be creative with PhotoComic! Create your own comic strip and share with your friends.
- Kid's Journal - Asking children to reflect on their day is an important learning activity. Kid Journal easily allows children to focus on the content of their reflection with an easy-to-use interface. Children can record their feelings, location (i.e. home, school, on vacation), or the weather. Kid’s Journal entries have the option to post a photo and include room for text to add more details about the day.
- Symbaloo - With Symbaloo you surf with one click to all of your favorite websites.
- Google Drive - Google Drive is one safe place for all your stuff. Upload photos, videos, documents, and other files that are important to you, then access what you need wherever you go, on any device. Get going with up to 15GB of storage. Free.
- Timer - Set multiple timers at once! Time by the second, minute or hour. Runs in the background so you’re free to use other apps. Comes with 7 alarms.
- MathBall - Math Ball is suited for all kids. Math Ball trains each students mathematical ability and reactivity. Includes all math operators (+,-,x,/).
- Haiku Deck - Haiku Deck is the simple and fun new way to create stunning presentations – whether you’re pitching an idea, teaching a lesson, telling a story, or igniting a movement.
- Videolicious - Videolicious is completely rebuilt to make video creation even easier and faster! Instantly combine your videos, photos, music and stories into a stunning movie masterpiece. Just talk and tap to create the perfect video. Super fast and easy movie making.
- Pic Collage - PicCollage lets you instantly arrange your photos into frames - or get creative with freeform collages, cutouts, filters, borders, stickers, and text.
- Follett Reader
- QR code reader - Qrafter (Crafter) is a two-dimensional barcode scanner for iPhone, iPad and iPod Touch. Its main purpose is to scan and parse the contents of QR Codes.
- Destiny Quest - Go beyond the walls of your library with the Destiny Quest Mobile App! Search your library catalog -- anytime, anywhere!
- Google Earth - Fly around the planet with a swipe of your finger with Google Earth for iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. Explore distant lands or reacquaint yourself with your childhood home. Search for cities, places, and businesses. Browse layers including roads, borders, places, photos and more.
- Edmodo - Edmodo makes a teacher’s daily life easier by providing a safe and easy way for teachers and students to engage and collaborate for free, anytime, anywhere.
- Weather Channel - The Weather Channel for iPad combines interactive and beautiful imagery with our WEATHER™ expertise. With over 200 meteorologists and our ultra-local TruPoint(sm) forecasting technology, The Weather Channel helps you plan the best day possible for every season.
- Socrative - Socrative brings smart clickers, student response and ease of use to a whole new level. Be engaged for the entire class with educational exercises and games. See all your classmates’ ideas in real time and interact with the responses. Provide your instructor feedback on the lessons and how well you understand the material.