Most of our students have 1:1 technology, meaning they have a Chromebook or iPad to use every day at school and they take it home every night to continue their learning outside of the school day.
The video below, created for and shown at the Chamber meeting, illustrates some of the learning that our students are doing using technology.
- Creating ebooks
- Skying with local and global experts
- Finding global experts by connecting with them through Twitter
- Using the Google suite of products to collaborate with classmates
- Using Google Sketch-up for design projects
- Involving students in projects where they are learning how to code
- Incorporating interactive white boards in the classroom
Through their lessons, teachers are trying to concentrate on having students involved in the 4C's (collaboration, creating, critical thinking, and communication). You will see this in the video as well.
Thank you to Mr. Harman, and two of his students, for presenting with us at the Chamber meeting.
If you should have questions or want to find out more, please contact us (wd7.org).